"Sister, what can we give you?" many friends ask us. "Y'all just call us if you need anything!"
We are so grateful for all the ways that you, our friends and benefactors, support our monastic work of prayer. This page outlines some of our current needs as we seek to provide for our sisters, our guests, and the upkeep of our facilities. Our good God is never outdone in generosity, and we pray that He abundantly rewards your gifts to us.
Any of the items on the list below would be greatly appreciated! We are always grateful for donations of fresh fruit, vegetables, groceries, gardening supplies, etc. You can either deliver the item, ship it, or send a donation to cover its cost. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Gift cards to Walmart, Walgreens, Hobby Lobby, Lowes, Aldi, and Staples are especially helpful!!
- Fresh produce - please call ahead to make sure we can accept it!
- Whole grain bread such as from Great Harvest
- Flour, Sugar, Brown Sugar
- Canned goods such as fish, beans, tomatoes, vegetables, soups
- Coffee (regular, for a drip machine)
- Paper towels
- Toilet tissue
- White Vinegar
- Woolite Darks or Woolite Extra Dark laundry detergent
Some specific items we can use include:
- Used volumes of the four-volume Liturgy of the Hours – please do not buy us new copies, as the forthcoming new translation will render them obsolete
- Long rain coats for the nuns
- Large flower pots or planters
- Potting Soil, Mulch, Compost
- Outdoor swing with frame – used or new – for guests and nuns to enjoy on a woodland trail
Volunteering at the Monastery
If you would like to volunteer your service at the monastery as an individual or as a group, there are many opportunities for you!
There are many gardening and landscape needs around the monastery and on our 170 acres of field and woods. If you would like to mow lawns, pull weeds, plant flowers, clear woods, or offer some other outdoor service, please contact us.
Would you be interested in adopting a flower bed on our public grounds? We have many rather neglected flower beds which would love someone to tend and nurture them: planting, watering, and weeding.
If you are a carpenter, electrician, plumber, mason, or landscaper and would like to volunteer your professional service at the monastery, we would love your help! Please contact us to talk about what you can do. Your skills will be put to good use for the glory of God!
And last but not least...
Please help us promote vocations to our monastery! Some of the many ways you can do this are:
- Prayer and Sacrifice
- Share our website with all your friends.
- Invite a young woman to visit our website or - better yet - invite her to one of our public liturgies in our chapel.
- Invite a young woman to register for one of our vocation retreats.
- Contact us about bringing our vocation materials to your parish or special event.